florentine

florentine

The Florentine Building or Sims Building is a two-story, terra-cotta clad building on the southeast corner of 2nd Avenue North and 21st Street, the former site of the Jefferson County Bank Building. It was built between 1925 and 1927 for the Club Florentine by Henry Upson Sims. Architect David O. Whilldin designed the foundations to support an eventual 10-story building, but only the lower two floors, totaling about 23,000 square feet, were ever completed. One legend has it that the excavation revealed an underground stream which required the change in plans. (source)

EXIF information
model Canon EOS 6D
exposureTime 1/40 s
fnumber f/4.0
focalLength 24
8. January 2014, 00:00 details & comments (1) Posted in: Architecture, HDR, Photos, Urban Tagged with: , ,