globe hotel

globe hotel

..and of course i heard about the US Airways crash in NYC.. of the eight flights i took, four of them were US Airways planes inbound/outbound of NYC.. eek!

..walking around the parish of St. George, here’s the Globe Hotel, which isn’t a hotel but is in fact a museum..

..another thing that i liked about Bermuda are the pastel-colored houses and structures.. they’re cute.. ๐Ÿ˜€

Bermuda National Trust Museum in the Globe Hotel

It was built by Governor Samuel Day c. 1700, on Government land using Government slaves and materials. When his administration ended he claimed it for his own, and a long court case began. Before its conclusion, however, Governor Day died in prison and never learned that his audacious claim had been successful.

During the American Civil War the Confederate agent, Major Norman Walker, had his office here, so it is the appropriate location for the ‘Rogues & Runners – Bermuda and the American Civil War’ exhibition.

..following Elaine‘s advise, I subtly HDR’d this 2-image pano.. ๐Ÿ˜€

EXIF information
model Canon EOS 40D
exposureTime 781/100000 s
fnumber f/5.7
focalLength 17
18. January 2009, 00:00 hide details Posted in: Architecture Tagged with: , , ,

Comments (13)

The (URI) to TrackBack this photo is: http://www.digitizedchaos.com/2009/01/18/globe-hotel/trackback/
  1. Nice color tones and the angles in this are great… Welcome back ๐Ÿ™‚

IvarJanuary 18th, 2009 at 18:20
  2. Congratulations on your “subtle” HDR work, Rian. And I agree, the pastel colors of the islands set them apart!

GinnieJanuary 18th, 2009 at 20:30
  3. I like the angle you chose to shoot this great looking place. The color is remarkable.
    Very nice image.

donJanuary 18th, 2009 at 21:21
  4. I really like structures like this with their brightly painted colors. Love those dual chimneys.

sherriJanuary 18th, 2009 at 22:31
  5. What a strange building and interesting story. Keep them coming!

Framed and ShotJanuary 18th, 2009 at 23:45
  6. Strange that the chimney stacks are placed on the outside of the building and that they’ve made a feature of them.

David H-WJanuary 19th, 2009 at 05:05
  7. Love the vivid colors, beautiful shot!

Ashish SidaparaJanuary 19th, 2009 at 12:13
  8. I understand why this house has such dark blinds ๐Ÿ™‚ When you wake up in the morning and open the curtains you will be blinded by that color!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Arjan - PlasticDaisyJanuary 19th, 2009 at 15:44
  9. That’s a great sky unfolding up there…nice colors here. I want to go back to Bermuda one day…

HessJanuary 19th, 2009 at 19:51
  10. lol.. yeah, at least i got a bit of detail on this one.. it’s so cool that you had your honeymoon there.. i’d like to bring my wife there too someday.. ๐Ÿ˜€

RianJanuary 19th, 2009 at 20:08
  11. With such chimneys, I understand that the hotel rooms are warm

DenisJanuary 20th, 2009 at 14:23
  12. I’m with you love the pastel colors they use in coastal towns. I know I have arrived and there is a beach close by!.

Terry H.January 20th, 2009 at 14:44
  13. Un HDR lรฉger, j’aime le rendu de la tonalitรฉ, sublime !

Olivier RaultDecember 9th, 2012 at 04:13

Line and paragraph breaks automatic, e-mail address never displayed, HTML allowed: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

if your comment hasn't shown up yet, it's probably because you're a new visitor here.. i'll have to approve it yet before it shows up.. ;)